Friday, August 20, 2010

It's just hair

Mom and dad have been extremely positive through everything. Matt and I were home last weekend and they were both in great spirits. The doctors still have mom on steroids, which have caused her to have chipmunk cheeks. Instead of being upset about the swelling, mom pointed out with a huge smile, "no more wrinkles!" (Not that she really had wrinkles to start with.) Last weekend mom's hair was starting to thin at the spots where she has radiation to which mom just responded "It's just hair. It'll come back." Since mom started treatment dad has told her he'd shave his head, but she keep telling him not to do it. Since more and more of her hair was falling out, yesterday while Robert took mom to treatment dad shaved his head. So cute and loving!


Here are a few pictures… one from last weekend and two showing dad's new 'do.


Mom and dad are so amazing and I hope we're just like them when we grow up! (Yeah… we're not grown up yet)

jdy





1 comment:

  1. I think Danny looks awesome. I bet Kathy does too. You guys are great.

    Lots of love to you all.

    ReplyDelete