Mom and Amy have been looking about a neurosurgeon at Duke for the past week. We have heard amazing things about him. Amy emailed him yesterday but we hadn't heard back from him so mom decided to call today. And his office said that they could work her in today if she could get there. This started mom and dad's roundabout drive to Duke--from Natural Bridge to UVA to get her MRI results then down to Durham.
Dr. Friedman stayed late just to meet with them. I'm headed to Durham to see them now and don't have all the details but what I do know is they have scheduled her biopsy for tomorrow. Talking on the phone with mom, dad, and Amy they seem very pleased and optimistic with Dr. Friedman--mom sounded as good if not better than she has every other time I've talked on the phone with her since she came home from the hospital :). I am definitely glad to live so close with Duke within 30 minutes of my apartment.
I will try to post for information tonight and/or tomorrow. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.
-jdy
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment