Sunday, February 1, 2009

One mile!

As I'm sure you all know, mom doesn't sit still very often. She's up every morning at what I like to call "the butt crack of dawn" to exercise. So after a week of being in the hospital and in bed, she was craving some exercise. This morning she walked a mile on the treadmill while we carefully monitored her heart rate. Dad figured she would walk a quarter of a mile or so, but mom quickly reminded him that when she is on the treadmill she only stops at full mile intervals. While she wasn't going the pace she would have liked to have been going she still did it. I mean... it was a mile further than I went today - I just watched ;)

Today was actually a gorgeous day in Natty B. Mom had several visitors (as she has every day) and we were able to sit outside and enjoy the great weather while visiting.

Also, mom came home to find two swans on the lake. One of which is ginormous! We are hoping they'll still around for Karla's wedding in May.
-jdy

4 comments:

  1. have u read the swan by Nicholas Sparks?? so neat that they r there and Swans mate for life...interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto to Lynn's comment. As I read that, I thought "awe, it's Karla and Jason" :) Ya'll are meant to be. Or maybe it's Danny and Kathy...two of God's creatures to comfort the two love birds! Just in time for Valentine's Day. So glad to hear that Kathy is feeling better and that she was able to do some exercise. Hoorah! She is an inspiration. I need her here to be my physical trainer/nazi! :) Kisses, hugs and prayers to you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that Kathy is at home now. You all are in our thoughts & prayers. I will put your family on our prayer list at church. Please let me know if there is anything we can do.
    God Bless,
    Kat, Travis & Lilly Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from the Fishing Gang: Jim, Sylvia and the boys. I know you might be feeling Crappie, and this is a Pain in the Bass...more to come but I hope you find comfort in knowing so many are thinking of you, praying for you and care about you. The swans are beautiful and hopefully soon we can come by and see you all, see the swans and maybe even get a line wet. Best wishes through it all and if you need ANYTHING you all know how to get in touch with us. Love Jim, Sylvia and the Boys.

    ReplyDelete