Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Increasing mileage!

She's on a roll! She walked two miles today. She told me not to write a post about it because it wasn't a big deal. I obviously told her I was going write it because it is extremely exciting and she is making great progress. She has walked a mile each day Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday then two miles today. It is definitely more than I've walked this week!

Karla and I are back in Blacksburg and Raleigh so we've both been talking with mom a few times a day. She definitely sounds good on the phone, which is extremely comforting to us since we aren't able to stay home with her. Along with her daily walks it sounds like she isn't staying still much--visiting with people, getting a haircut, going to Lexington, eating all the food that people are so generously bringing her, and doing book work for the station.

Speaking of all the food, thanks to everyone who has brought food to the house. I don't think mom or dad have had to fix a meal since mom came home from the hospital.
-jdy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,
    This is Thursday, 2/5, and Roy talked to Danny today, and he shared this site with us. It's so great to hear that you're home and back to being active. A positive attitude is one of the most important things you can have right now--we know that ourselves. Remember that we are here anytime you (or Danny) need us.
    Roy and Jane Gray

    ReplyDelete